Building Rules and Regulations
1. The sidewalks, entrances, passages, courts, elevators, vestibules, stairways, corridors or halls of the Building shall not be obstructed or encumbered or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the premises demised to any tenant or occupant.
2. No awnings or other projection shall be attached to the outside walls or
windows of the Building without the prior consent of Landlord. No curtains, blinds, shades, or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window or door of the premises demised to any tenant or occupant, without the prior consent of Landlord. Such awnings, projections, curtains, blinds, shades, screens or other fixtures must be of a quality, type, design and color, and attached in a manner, approved by Landlord.
3. No sign, advertisement, object, notice or other lettering shall be exhibited, inscribed, painted or affixed on any part of the outside or inside of the premises demised to any tenant or occupant of the Building without the prior consent of Landlord. Interior
signs on doors and directory tables, if any, shall be of a size, color and style approved by Landlord.
4. The sashes, sash doors, skylights, windows, and doors that reflect or admit light and air into the halls, passageways or other public places in the Building shall not be covered or obstructed, nor shall any bottles, parcels, or other articles be placed on any window sills.
5. No show cases or other articles shall be put in front of or affixed to any part of the exterior of the Building, nor placed in the halls, corridors, vestibules or other public parts of the Building.
6. The water and wash closets and other plumbing fixtures shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, or other substances shall be thrown therein. No tenant shall bring or keep, or permit to be brought or kept, any inflammable, combustible, explosive or hazardous fluid,
materials, chemical or substance in or about the premises demised to such tenant.
7. No tenant or occupant shall mark, paint, drill into, or in any way deface any part of the Building or the premises demised to such tenant or occupant. No boring, cutting or
stringing of wires shall be permitted, except with the prior consent of Landlord, and as Landlord may direct. No tenant or occupant shall install any resilient tile or similar floor covering in the premises demised to such tenant or occupant except in a manner approved by Landlord.
8. No vehicles or animals of any kind shall be brought into or kept in or about the premises demised to any tenant. No cooking shall be done or permitted in the Building by any tenant without the approval of Landlord. No tenant shall cause or permit any unusual or objectionable odors to emanate from the premises demised to such tenant.
9. No space in the Building shall be used for manufacturing, for the storage of merchandise, or for the sale of merchandise, goods, or property of any kind at auction, without the prior consent of Landlord.
10. No tenant shall make, or permit to be made, any unseemly or disturbing noises or disturb or interfere with other tenants or occupants of the Building or neighboring buildings or premises whether by the use of any musical instrument, radio, television set or other audio device, unmusical noise, whistling, singing, or in any other way. Nothing
shall be thrown out of any doors or window.
11. No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows, nor shall any changes be made in locks or the mechanism thereof. Each tenant must, upon the termination of its tenancy, restore to Landlord all keys of stores, offices and toilet rooms, either furnished to, or otherwise procured by, such tenant.
12. All removals from the Building, or the carrying in or out of the Building or the premises demised to any tenant, of any safes, freight, furniture or bulky matter of any description must take place at such time and in such manner as Landlord or its agents may determine, from time to time. Landlord reserves the right to inspect all freight to be brought into the Building and to exclude from the Building all freight which violates any of the Rules and Regulations or the provisions of such tenant’s lease.
13. No tenant shall use or occupy, or permit any portion of the premises demised to such tenant to be used or occupied, as an office for a public stenographer or typist, or to a barber or manicure shop, or as an employment bureau. No tenant or occupant shall
engage or pay any employees in the Building, except those actually working for such tenant or occupant in the Building, nor advertise for laborers giving an address at the Building.
14. No tenant or occupant shall purchase spring water, ice, food, beverage, lighting maintenance, cleaning towels or other like service, from any company or person not approved by Landlord. No vending machines of any description shall be installed, maintained or operated upon the premises demised to any tenant without the prior consent of Landlord.
15. Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by any tenant or occupant which, in Landlord’s opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as a building for offices, and upon notice from Landlord, such tenant or occupant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
16. Landlord reserves the right to exclude from the Building, between the hours of 6:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. on business days and at all hours on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, all persons who do not have a card on file signed by Tenant representative and Landlord. Each tenant shall be responsible for all persons for whom cards are on file and shall be liable to Landlord for all acts of such persons.
17. Each tenant, before closing and leaving the premises demised to such tenant at any time, shall see that all entrance doors are locked. Corridor doors, when not in use, shall be kept closed.
18. No premises shall be used, or permitted to be used for lodging or sleeping, or for any immoral or illegal purposes.
19. The requirements of tenants will be attended to only upon application at the office of Landlord. Building employees shall not be required to perform, and shall not be requested by any tenant or occupant to perform, and work outside of their regular duties, unless under specific instructions from the office of Landlord.
20. Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building are prohibited and each tenant and occupant shall cooperate in seeking their prevention.
21. There shall not be used in the Building, either by any tenant or occupant or by their agents or contractors, in the delivery or receipt of merchandise, freight, or other matter, any hand trucks or other means of conveyance except those equipped with rubber tires, rubber side guards and such other safeguards as Landlord may require.
22. If the Premises demised to any tenant become infested with vermin, such tenant, at its sole cost and expense, shall cause its premises to be exterminated, from time to time, to the satisfaction of Landlord, and shall employ such exterminators therefor as shall be approved by Landlord. No premises shall be used, or permitted to be used, at any time, without the prior approval of Landlord, as a store for the sale or display of goods, wares or merchandise of any kind, or as a restaurant, shop, booth, bootblack or other stand, or for the conduct of any business or occupation which predominantly involves direct patronage of the general public in the premises demised to such tenant, or for manufacturing or for other similar purposes.
23. No tenant shall clean any window in the Building from the outside.
24. No tenant shall move, or permit to be moved, into or out of the Building or the premises demised to such tenant, any heavy or bulky matter, without the specific approval of Landlord. If any such matter requires special handling, only a qualified person shall be employed to perform such special handling. No tenant shall place, or permit to be placed, on any part of the floor or floors of the premises demised to such tenant, a load exceeding the floor load per square foot which such floor was designed to carry and which is allowed by law. Landlord reserves the right to prescribe the weight and position of safes and other heavy matter, which must be placed so as to distribute the weight.
25. Landlord shall provide and maintain an alphabetical directory board in the first floor (main lobby) of the Building and no other directory shall be permitted without the prior consent of Landlord. Each tenant shall be allowed one line on such board unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
26. With respect to work being performed by a tenant in its premises with the approval of Landlord, the tenant shall refer all contractors, contractors’ representatives and installation technicians to Landlord for its supervision, approval and control prior to the performance of any work or services. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building including installation of telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices and attachments, and installations of every nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim, ceilings, equipment and any other physical portion of the Building.
27. Landlord shall not be responsible for lost or stolen personal property, equipment, money, or jewelry from the premises of tenants or public rooms whether or not such loss occurs when the Building or the premises are locked against entry.
28. Landlord shall not permit entrance to the premises of tenants by use of pass keys controlled by Landlord, to any person at any time without written permission from such tenant, except employees, contractors, or service personnel directly supervised by Landlord and employees of the United States Postal Service.
29. Each tenant and all of tenant’s employees and invitees shall observe and comply with the driving and parking signs and markers on the Land surrounding the Building, and Landlord shall not be responsible for any damage to any vehicle towed because of noncompliance with parking regulations.
30. Without Landlord’s prior approval, no tenant shall install any radio or television antenna, loudspeaker, music system or other device on the roof or exterior walls of the Building or on common walls with adjacent tenants. Each tenant shall store all trash and garbage within its premises or in such other areas specifically designated by Landlord. No materials shall be placed in the trash boxes or receptacles in the Building unless such materials may be disposed of in the ordinary and customary manner of removing and disposing of trash and garbage and will not result in a violation of any law or ordinance governing such disposal. All garbage and refuse disposal shall be only through entry ways and elevators provided for such purposes and at such times as Landlord shall designate.
31. No tenant shall employ any persons other than the janitor or Landlord for the purpose of cleaning its premises without the prior consent of Landlord. No tenant shall cause any unnecessary labor by reason of its carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness. Janitor service shall include ordinary dusting and cleaning by the janitor assigned to such work and shall not include beating of carpets or rugs or moving of furniture or other special services. Janitor service shall be furnished Mondays through Fridays, legal holidays excepted.
32. No bicycle, or any kind of scooter shall be allowed into the building elevators or inside any tenant premises without the prior consent of Landlord. Tenants may contact the Building management office for a key fob to store their bicycle/ scooter inside the Building bike room located on the ground floor by the rear lobby.