The 201 Spear management team has spent the past year making sure 201 Spear is as safe as possible for tenants and guests. This has been a monumental task with ever changing guidelines and information. We are finally seeing a return to somewhat normality and reopening of buildings as announced by the State of California. The management team has implemented various protocols and enhancements designed to preserve the health and safety of employees as they return to work.
Building Operations and Systems:
- Masks and social distancing (6-feet apart) not required in building common areas, but recommended.
- All guests and visitors are required to follow the building rules and regulations and are required to check-in at the security desk on the first floor. Guests and visitors will no longer be required to answer the health questionnaire.
- Amenity spaces, i.e. locker and shower rooms, bike room, tenant lounge, conference room are open.
- Elevator operation will remain closed pending flow of tenants returning to work.
- HVAC systems schedules have been programmed to operate in the mornings and evenings to ensure fresh, clean air is flushing the building.
- HVAC systems during the day will be programmed based on building occupancy to preserve efficiency.
- MERV-13 filters installed - these filters block 98% pollutants from the air and capture pollen, fine dust, bacteria, viruses and more.
- Regularly tested and inspected plumbing systems, ensuring plumbing drains are inspected and primed.
- Tested Fire Life Safety equipment.
- Team members are required to perform daily self-health checks.
- UL Verified Healthy Building program is underway. This program evaluates the building spaces against rigorous methodologies to indoor air quality (IAQ) and have policies and plans for the continual advancement of IAQ.
- Parking garage hours are from 6am to 2pm. This operation will return to normal pending tenants returning to the office. The valet attendants are equipment with PPE, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer. Parking is currently ticketless and card-free.
Cleaning & Sanitation:
- Increased cleaning frequency of high touch surfaces in common areas.
- Cleaning practices and cleaning chemicals that are used align with recommendations provided by the CDC and WHO.
- All team members have been trained on proper disinfecting methods.
- All team members are provided with personal protective equipment and trained on proper use, care and disposal of PPE.
- Receptacles placed in common areas for used/discarded PPE and gloves. PPE is considered trash and is not recyclable.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers and sanitizing wipes are integrated into shared spaces such as lobbies, mail area and elevator waiting areas.
- We have Install touch-free faucets and soap dispenser fixtures in restrooms that had manual fixtures.
- Janitorial night staff is performing nightly disinfectant spraying using an electrostatic sprayer of high-touch areas in building common areas. Spraying allows the disinfectant to wrap conductive surfaces with an effective and even coverage.
- NanoSeptic self-cleaning surfaces installed on high-touch areas in building’s common areas and in elevators.
201 Spear Street looks forward to the future of our tenants returning to work. The COVID-19 pandemic has created uncertain times and resulted in unprecedented workplace changes. As communicated throughout this return to work action plan, we are prioritizing the health of building occupants every step of the way as we consider reopening. We will execute on our plan cautiously, following applicable state and local guidance as much as possible. We also understand that each tenant’s needs and situations may be different as our doors begin to reopen. Tenants will be given as much notice as possible in the event of an unforeseen setback or building closure. Tenants should also stay apprised of state and/or local orders governing the reopening of businesses. Please contact the Management Office for any questions or concerns. We hope everyone continues to stay safe and healthy!